Browning X-Bolt Composite Stalker Blued 223 Centrefire Rifle
bg-r-x-b-35496208Regular price $1,299.99 Save $-1,299.99
Browning X-Bolt Composite Stalker Blued 223 (1:8 Twist) 22" (Non-DT)
All Business. No Nonsense.
The X-Bolt Composite Stalker isn't flashy . . . but it is durable, accurate, well-thought-out, and has all the elegant lines and curves you'll find on its "prettier" siblings. Most importantly it is capable of the overall exceptional accuracy that has caused the A-bolt to be compared with custom guns costing thousands more.
Composite works harder.
More and more hunters are turning to composite-stocked firearms for many reasons. Probably the biggest is that they no longer want to bang up that pretty Walnut stock. The X-Bolt Composite Stalker is an excellent rifle choice for deer hunting in conditions where a hunter may not wish to take the traditional Walnut stocked rifle. The X-Bolt Composite Stalker's stock is made from tough, Composite material that can take a beating. Don't think it would be slippery, unattractive or uncomfortable to fire. The stock is textured for a secure grip from forearm to pistol grip. It also has a comfortable palm swell. The black stock -- with a tint of gray -- has perhaps the most rugged appearance and performance of any Browning composite stock ever.
Finished to perfection.
The barrel, bolt, and receiver are also finished in a flat, durable non-glare surface. This is a rifle with all the deluxe features of the X-Bolt family, but rugged enough for the demanding hard-core deer, elk, and sheep hunters.
- The X-Bolt is free-floated by bedding the front and rear of the action for stability and to help maintain barrel to stock spacing for consistent accuracy. A recessed muzzle crown helps protect the rifling from damage
- The X-Bolt's new three-lever Feather Trigger provides a clean, crisp pull with no take-up or creep and minimal overtravel
- X-Lock scope mounts feature an all new four screw per base design that replaces the traditional two screw system. The benefits are obvious, with the bases being secured at all four corners
- This recoil pad has proprietary construction and material to promote a directional deflection of recoil forces, pulling the stock comb away from your face to reduce felt recoil and muzzle climb
- The bolt unlock button works in conjunction with the top-tang safety to provide an added measure of safety during checking and unloading of the chamber
- Short 60° bolt lift is fast cycling and allows you to work the bolt quickly without the scope getting in the way
- An all new detachable rotary magazine is incorporated into the X-Bolt. Constructed from a durable lightweight polymer, the magazine is designed to feed cartridges directly in-line with the bolt